Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I want my Chicken Wings!

I am BIG fan of savory food. I'm not one of those people who tap a vein for chocolate, but I could for gravy. So one of the things that I miss most since my lifestyle change is being able to dive into a plateload of chicken wings. Of course, I dont miss the results (bloating, uncomfortable pants button popping moments) of overeating but I do miss some of the foods that I chose to aid in my weight gain.

Thankfully my hubby found a recipe by Rocco (via Dr Oz website) for some Buffalo and Blue Chicken Tenders. We decided to try these out, and tweak them a little to fit within our points for Weight Watchers, and ingredients we have at home. Here are the results (thank you to my photogrpaher/Daughter Sage!):


IMG_1657


The changes I made are in Red, and may (and probably did) change the Points Value




Ingredients

Serves 4

1 cup whole wheat flour (**I had only white, so I used white)
2.5 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs (**again, no whole wheat so just regular)
4 large egg whites (**I used 1 cup egg substitute)
12 oz chicken tenders
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
1/2 cup spicy Buffalo wings sauce (**I used Original Franks Red Hot Sauce, but that's if you want it super spicy - which it was!)
1/2 cup 3-Grams-of-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing or store-bought reduced-fat blue cheese dressing (**Used Wishbone FF Blue Cheese Dressing)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450@F. Place a wire rack on a foil- lined baking sheet, and set it aside. Put the flour in a shallow dish. Put the panko in another shallow dish and the eggs in a third (whip generously).

Working in batches, dredge the chicken tenders in the flour, shaking off any excess. Add the chicken to the egg and toss to coat them completely. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the bowl of panko and coat completely. Spread the chicken out on the wire rack. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper, and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Bake the tenders until the breading is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through, about 14 minutes.

IMG_1653



Using a pastry brush, brush the chicken fingers with the Buffalo sauce. Arrange the chicken fingers on a platter, and serve with the blue cheese dressing for dipping.

We served these with Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries. 3 PPS for 1 serving - Sooo yummy!


Nutritional Info:



8 PPS Points
7.5g fat
308 calories
31g protein
29g carbohydrates
59 mg cholesterol
4g fiber
798mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment